New charges as from January 2020
- Art and Creative Crafts; these sessions offer a wide range of art and craft activities, students are able to choose what they want to do and the resources they need to achieve the desired outcome.
- Active in Torbay; during this session students will plan outings and access the community using public transport. Lunch is provided.
- Phoenix Crafts; students will work collaboratively to research, design and make items for sale on a craft stall, these will include for example; jewellery, textiles, cards.
- Horticulture; at Oldway Mansion the students with the horticulturist will support the head gardener there. We have 2 allotments on a community plot, where students will learn to grow fruit and vegetables to be used by the Saturday Club.
- Friday Club; – Community Living Skills, Students plan their own term’s work using a theme they have chosen and will, with the tutor, plan activities using community resources to learn and maintain skills, contribute to creative projects and participate in the community. Lunch is provided.
- Me and My Pen; a creative writing group where we make up stories of interest to us, you do not need to be able to write very well.
- Co-ordinART; art for more talented artists, producing art for exhibition and learning new skills and a variety media.
Lets Talk Health Programme;
- Healthy Lifestyles; this activity promotes fitness, students will join in a variety of fitness activities and have a lot of fun. A healthy lunch is provided.
- Saturday Club; students will plan and prepare a cooked meal and learn or maintain independent living skills for example; number skills,.
- Ready, Steady, Cook; students plan and prepare a healthy menu, cook the meal and eat lunch, they will prepare a recipe book to take away and share with friends.
- Yoga; exercise focusing on balance, co-ordination and relaxation
- Co-ordin8 Walkers; students will either join a Bay Walk Group or plan their own route and walk a minimum of 2 miles and building to approximately 5 miles each session
Social Drop in Activities
- Speak Easy; drop in coffee mornings come to meet and make friends and have fun.